Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Thick and Thin of Bamboo Bloom

I love the thick and thin yarn from Universal Yarn called Bamboo Bloom. It come in solids and in Handpaints. I'm working on my second cowl with the Handpaints and it is really starting to take shape. The gray cowl followed a pattern which called for double-wrapping the yarn before knitting when you reach the thicker wool parts. On the next row, this creates a nice little extra long loop. I don't remember the name of the pattern.

With the new pattern, The Interrupted Cowl, a freebie from universalyarn.com, instead of double-wrapping, you just pearl the thicker parts.
I love the way this starts to create a scallop kind of edge. This is a fun yarn to work with and it weaves interesting cloth as well. I have one more skein of this limited run colorway, Hashi, on my etsy shop, The Irresistible Ewe, but I do have other colorways as well which would be beautiful knitted into cowls or other items as well.

No comments: