Friday, August 7, 2015

Halloween Tissue Box Cover

















I made a Halloween tissue box cover this week using the Cricut project by 1CraftyLady.  Her measurements for the panels were great and I used these to build the basic cover. I used the Cricut Design Space to find pumpkin, cat and spider images that I liked and added a fence from their library as well. I didn't take into account the sides of the top, so when I had finished the bottom, realized that part of the top would be covered up by the lid. Instead, I decided to glue the sides to the sides of the lid, making it one piece. The lid was trimmed with washi tape. It's sort of like a slip cover for small cube-shaped tissue boxes. I think I would also store this on top of an empty box to keep the shape. This was so much fun, I think I'll make more. Maybe a monster box?


No comments: