Wednesday, December 24, 2014

New Yarn at The Irresistible Ewe

I will be adding three new yarns at my etsy shop, The Irresistible Ewe. I received my shipment of yarn from Universal Yarns yesterday and am very happy with the bags of Poems Forte that came. The colors are beautiful and the yarn is a nice soft fluffy swirl of color. I am trying out Lofoten, Amazon and English Garden. I can't wait to try my hand at some of these. I'm not sure if I'll knit, crochet or weave with my selection. The Lofoten is the featured yarn for the Camilla pattern  which is included in the pattern book, Poems Windfall, an ebook.

English Garden is featured in the picture of the swatch below. This 12-stitch swatch shown here used one ball of Poems Forte (colorway 1003 English Garden) and 10mm(US15) needles, and turned out to be 5 inches wide and 50 inches long – the 90 yards of super bulky wool went a long way.

As soon as the rain clears and I can get a clear picture of each color, the yarns will be available on our site.

Here are the specs:
Yarn Details:
Yards: 90.00/ Grams: 150.00

Yarn Composition:
Wool - 100%

6 - Super Bulky Weight Yarn
Knit STS: 1.50 - 2.75
Crochet STS: 1.25 - 2.25

Recommended Needles (US):
11.0
13.0
15.0
17.0
19.0
35.0
50.0
Recommended Hooks (US):
M/N-13
N/P-15
P/Q
Q
S

Hand wash, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, do not iron, dryclean - any solvent except trichloroethylene


No comments: