Friday, July 4, 2014

Scrapping and Tangling®

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I'm having a laid back holiday today. Henry took me out to IHOP for lunch and now I've just finished up one of my summer projects. I've been playing with the idea of combining scrap-booking with Zentangle®. I hate empty-looking scrapbook pages, so this allows me to fill in spaces without adding more pictures. Zentangle is a wonderful way to complete a project by slowing me down after the activity of cutting, pasting and rearranging. This is the largest page combo I've done so far. I've added the tangles®, a partial Crescent Moon, Marasu -uncoiled, Hollibaugh, official tangles. I also used Wing Dings by Sandy Steen Bartholomew and some dangles ala Joanne Fink style. 
The scrapbook images are from the cartridges My Quiet Book and Disney Classics. The yellows don't match like I wanted, but I didn't realize I only had one 12 x 12 sheet off the lighter shade. Another example of hindsight. Oh, well, something to keep in mind for the next project. 

No comments: