Thursday, July 10, 2014

Autodesk Elephant


I'm going to try to list the steps taken for the Autodesk elephant. They would apply to the head as well.
I used the poster board setting. The leftmost setting worked well for the chipboard. I'm not sure which is the "leather" or "chipboard" dot, but this one worked well. I tried to Google this, but didn't have any luck. If anyone knows, please comment and I will share.
Pieces will be available by the end of the week on my etsy shop, tangled moons, with choice of colors, white, black or gray/tan. Complete assembly instructions will be given with pieces. 
This took two sheets, 12 x 12, of black chip board.
Insert the silver marking pen in the holder. The Cricut Explore will mark the pieces and the individual slots will be numbered. 
After unloading the cut sheets, pull the background off the pieces and then use your spatula to release the others. It works best to slip the spatula under the side without the slits to keep from accidentally tear them. 
I used Sakura gel pens, metallic and florescent to add "S" tangles to each piece, using the same tangles for matching pieces. I tangled up to the slots and some just over the slots.
I didn't tangle on both sides for the Z pieces, but wished I had when assembling. I tangled both sides of the Y pieces as each side would show when assembled. I made a point of NOT tangling over the letters and numbers even if they would show. This made it easier to put together. They actually seem to disappear in the tangles, kind of like letting the strings blend with the overall work.
The instructions on the Cricut website says to line up the Y pieces horizontally and the Z pieces vertically.  I didn't find this necessary, but I followed their instructions exactly for attaching pieces.
You need to pay attention to the photograph of the elephant as far as attaching the "ears" on the outside. This will help you start out correctly with matching the Y and Z pieces.
The Autodesk assemblies have been relatively easy thanks to the nice labeling of pieces and slots. Thanks for reading. I welcome comments and others sharing experiences with these.

No comments: