Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fibbin' Nacci - New Tangle®/ Mandala

We had a lovely day Sunday with temperatures in the low 70's. I took some pictures in my backyard to use for some new tangles. They have inspired a new series I hope to do, called Fibbin' Nacci. As a math teacher and enthusiast, I've always been fascinated by the Fibonacci numbers. The following tangle is inspired by the bottom of a pine cone, that of course, goes spiraling into a Fibonacci sequence. I'm sharing a short video clip for my readers which will show you step by step how to create this tangle and also how to use it as a mandala. For now, here are the Step-Outs for this tangle. I did use Genevieve Crabe's Stencil for Mandala's just to place some points around. This will be shown in the video.  Just add a curlicue on the end if you like, otherwise, leave them pointed.
Thanks to another weather-related school canceling today, I've been able to enjoy my studio long enough to almost accomplish a goal today.

No comments: