Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Creations: Zentangle® Christmas Cards

I wanted to make my Christmas Cards this year and to use my Zentangle® skills to do it. It seemed overwhelming when I finally got the time to start on them. Instead of doing individual ones, I tangled two tiles and scanned them onto the computer. I ran off copies onto nice card stock and incorporated them onto cards that I purchased. Is this cheating? Well, considering my heavy work schedule during the school year, ummm.... no. I like this idea for time saving and for anyone who wishes to start his/her own line of cards. Sure, it's nice to have a hand-drawn tangled card, which would tend to be pricier than photo-copied. It depends on what you're going for. If you have a nice design that you'd like to use for multiple cards, then photocopying would be an option for you as well.

I used the Christmas baubles for my co-workers on my hall. The tree was used for my family's cards. I used a strip of Christmas-themed gold washi tape for the border for these.

Something to think about is the background color of the card to be used. You can select colored cardstock to score and use or look at the colors available for the packaged cards. Right now, they're on sale at different craft stores, so you can probably pick up some deals as I did. Compare sizes, as these vary. If you select the card first, then this might determine the colors used for the Zentangle tile if you choose to go beyond the usual black and white designs. I didn't, but lucked out that my selected blues and greens coordinated with several different cards in the box.
 
I'm looking ahead to Valentines Day for the pink and red cards left in the box. I guess the yellow can wait for birthday or summer? Maybe next Halloween? It doesn't tie in to a holiday for me, but maybe Easter? Okay, that's for another day. Thanks for checking in with me again. Happy Crafting!






No comments: