Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Hanukkah, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday!

Happy Hanukkah, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to my mother and brother-in-law. What a fun day at my mom's celebrating her birthday on the same day as my brother-in-law, Steve. It's always great to touch base with family members and eat rich foods that aren't on my usual diet. Henry and I have been enjoying potato latkes for the Hanukkah season - gluten-free, of course. I made gluten-free brownies with added chopped pecans to contribute. Really tasty. My lucky sister, Rheta, has a husband who loves to cook seafood, so we were treated to grilled shrimp, scallops and codfish in addition to the traditional turkey (thanks,  Mom) with giblet gravy and stuffing. Rheta brought green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole and Kim, my niece-in-law brought hash brown casserole. Like I said, rich foods. Delicious. We topped it off with Rheta's Dump Cake and my brownies. I'm holding off until tomorrow's visit back to my Mom's for a piece of her Chocolate Rum Cake. Can you tell my family members are born with a sweet tooth?

I'm still working on a new Hanukkah card for Henry's family. I used a pre-strung Zendala disk to draw an Aura Knot Star of David with other tangles: Coil, Poke Leaf and Betweed. I'm still considering colors I think I'll add in pastels from the Irojiten pencils in my collection. I'll post it here in black a
nd white. I'm also deciding on background colors for the card.

No comments: