Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mandala with Tangles



I just finished an online class, Drawing Mandalas with Genevieve Crabe. I loved this class mostly because it was so relaxing and fun. I also loved her explanations of how to draw out the mandala framework to start the design. I found myself being drawn more and more into creating the design of my first mandala. And, of course, I chose to do the twelve-part mandala instead of the simpler six-part one. It's so interesting to see the different ways the same basic structure can lead to so many different designs. If you're interested in taking the class, it can be found at www.craftartedu.com. This website was started by Donna Kato, the fabulous polymer clay artist. Her site has wonderful classes for many different crafts, all as professional and fun as she is. I found Genevieve a marvelous instructor and very personable. I would definitely recommend her classes to anyone. 

No comments: