Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Two-Hour Purse



I finished a project from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders by Judith Durant. This is based on the Two-Hour Purse on page 205. I used Universal Yarn's Deluxe Worsted Magic (100% wool), Orange Sorbet. The pattern is pre-stamped on the yarn and unfolds in a watercolor effect as you knit. This felted nicely in my washer inside a pillowcase, using hot water and a small load of towels. It didn't fade at all. I don't know what happened at the bottom of the purse; I think I got carried away with my knitting and knitted a few rows too many. Still, it has a little purse-onality, don't you think? The wool softened up quite a bit after felting and it blocked nicely. This is the perfect size for a quick trip to the store or a movie date. This took about one-half skein of yarn and knitted very quickly. I love these books for quick projects. This was knitted in the round on size 9 Velvet Bamboo circulars. The bottom was crocheted together. All-in-all a fun project.

No comments: