Sunday, April 11, 2010

Apple Orchard Scarf Finished

I finally finished my Apple Orchard Scarf. This was a fun scarf to make, using Universal Yarn's Deluxe Chunky Long Print in "Apple Orchard." This is a 100% wool yarn which is self-striping, eliminating the need to buy several colors at once and change yarn - which also means fewer ends to weave in. For those who have difficulty in coordinating colors, the guesswork is taken away. All in all, a foolproof project. Sometimes, it's nice just to relax and knit. At the end of the video, I'll also show another project made with this yarn in the "New Mexico" colorway. I wove it on my Cricket rigid heddle loom. The texture is much flatter and smoother. I wanted to show the contrast from knitted piece to woven. Each project took under one skein of yarn.

No comments: