Saturday, September 26, 2009

SCBWI Conference



Well, it's finally here again, the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators Annual Conference. This is the 17th annual conference and my fourth in attendance. I met up with several of my Goalie friends today for dinner and catching up. Jenny had two good critiques this afternoon, Christie one. Way to go! For myself, I'm taking it easy today - relaxing and unwinding. Tomorrow is an early one, getting up to help with early registration, then on to workshops with Joyce Moyer Hostetter, author of Blue, Best Friends Forever, and Healing Water; Bonnie Bader, Editor-in-Chief of Grosset and Dunlap and Price Stern Sloan (Penguin Young Readers Group); Carrie Ryan, autor of The Forest of Hands and Teeth (bought today) and The Dead-Tossed Waves (coming out in Spring 2010); and David Macinnis Gill, author of Soul Enchilada and Graham Salisbury: Island Boy.
I've already met at least five new members this weekend and picked up a new book to savor over the weekend. I even met a new knitting member and shared a few minutes of knitting. More later...

No comments: