Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weaving with the Cricket Loom Part I

I thought I'd share some video clips with you on weaving with the Schact Cricket Loom. Here is the first part where I will show you how to begin warping the loom. I'm using Maysville Cotton Carpet Thread as my warp. I found the black and white instructions a little lacking, so I signed up for a lesson with a professional weaver, Marilyn Vandersea, at the Weavers Web Gallery in New Bern, NC this summer. It paid off. The loom is actually very user friendly, but getting the hang of it takes a little help. I hope this will help those of you who may be having a little difficulty. I'll be posting the rest of the video clips later. They'll take you through the entire process of setting up, warping, adding on new threads, winding your shuttles, weaving and finishing the ends of your woven piece.

video

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful instructional video! Thanks so much!

Pamela said...

This video was so helpful as I set up my rigid heddle loom, please hurry with Part II, I don't know what to do with all my ends! Thanks again!

Pamela said...

This video was so helpful while I set up my rigid heddle loom, please hurry with Part II, I don't know what to do with all my threads! Thanks again.

Craft Write said...

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for the comments. If you go to my homepage and look under Archives, August 2009, there are the follow-up videos for the rigid heddle. I also have these and other videos listed under kathrynrjacoby on you-tube.