Sunday, June 21, 2009

I've Gone Video!

After a lot of deliberation, I decided to do yet another change. I'm giving up my website of the last six months. It has been difficult for me to work with and hasn't given me the flexibility I needed. Instead, I've decided to upgrade my podcast to include video. I'm mainly interested in using this media to share crafting and craft instruction with my readers and listeners, so this seemed the logical choice. I've posted my intro video podcast which should be available on iTunes now. Unfortunately, I've run into a snag with syncing the audio and video. I've used Format Factory to convert the .wav files into .mpeg4 which is required for podcasting. My intro looks like a bad sci fi movie where the mouth moves for several seconds, then the sound starts. I also tried using zamzar.com to convert the file, but with the same results. Oh well. Fortunately, I'd rather film my hands working than my mouth talking, so I don't think this will present a problem. Let's hope this works out. I've contacted both zamzar and Format Factory for advice. Anyway, see what you think. I'm going to combine the cat screen videos to post and will be working on completing the project in the next week. As always, feedback is welcome.

No comments: