Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Blanket Finished

I finished the Lion Brand Hooded Baby Wrap for my colleague's baby shower just in time last night. I had some difficulty with the final directions for ending the wrap. The top and sides cornered nicely, but the bottom was pointy. I took it out last night and reworked it, changing the directions, but it was still a little pointed. The directions read to follow the same pattern for decreasing until you have three stitches left. The decrease is K2, YO, K2tog twice and knit to the end. Once you hit five stitches, if you follow this pattern, you keep five stitches across. Instead, when I came to the last six stitches, I did this: K2, K2tog twice, the last row was: K1,K2tog, K1 which left me with three stitches which I then bound off. I decided to crochet the hood onto the top, then follow it around with a single crochet border. I didn't get a chance to photograph it at home last night, so during my break this morning, I scanned it. I know that's pretty lame, but at least I have a photo of part of it. All in all, I loved doing this pattern. It's knitted on the diagonal, so I only had to cast on three stitches to begin. The pattern is free on the Lion Brand site.

No comments: