Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Loom Knitting for Pets

Loom knitting has become very popular in the last few years. One of the most widely available looms is from Knifty Knitter by Provo Craft. When I first became interested in knitting, I bought several of their looms. I still pick one up from time to time, especially if I'm in a hurry to make a project such as a pet blanket. My knitting students at school usually start with a loom, then branch off to use knitting needles. I'm posting three videos I placed on You Tube that show how to cast on, knit with and then bind off a small blanket using the purple rectangular knitting loom. I've used Red Heart yarn which is inexpensive and washable, two pluses when it comes to pets. I use two strands at once which makes a soft, spongy blanket. Please feel free to leave feedback or questions.

Step 1: Casting on the first row:



Step 2: Casting on the second row:



Step 3: Knitting the blanket and binding off:

No comments: