Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!

Happy New Year to everyone. As Americans, we traditionally do a lot of soul searching at this time of the year. We make New Year's resolutions that are typically too difficult for us to ever maintain and they're mostly lost or forgotten by May or June. But, it's too irresistible not to try each year. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? So, here I go:
1. Write more. Finish the goals I set for myself for December and still didn't finish.
2. Weigh less.
3. Exercise more (or at all).
4. Spend more time with friends and family, especially Henry.
5. Read more books, craft & fiction.
6. Finish the upstairs organization of my studio. I can cheerfully say I spent several hours today hanging up antique brooms and baskets from my collection, as well as two of my paintings and removing items best left in the attic until needed.
7. Pursue ideas for setting up craft classes in my community. An ongoing long-term goal of mine is to run a craft school rather than teaching in public school. I need to become more involved in making this happen.
8. Learn One-Stitch Quilting. There's always room to learn new things.

Okay, these are mine. They seem do-able. Now what are yours?

No comments: