Sunday, December 14, 2008

Painting Poinsettias Video

I tried filming a short segment on painting a poinsettia today. My first tape ran out half-way through, so I changed tapes and finished taping. Unfortunately, the first half didn't tape or was erased somehow in the download. I'm going to post the second half. The leaves on top are painted basically like the leaves on top, so you can get the gist of it. These are painted in a One-Stroke/primitive/whatever style. I had fun with it and I hope you'll try it and have fun with it as well. I would redo it, but I need the DVD for my One-Stroke Painting students for our club meeting on Thursday. I think it will be long and detailed enough for them. The supplies I used were:
Folk Art paints: School Bus Yellow, Berry Wine, Bright Baby Pink, Passion Punch, Lime Yellow, and Warm White
One-Stroke Brushes: lower leaves - 1" Flat; upper leaves - 3/4" Flat; stems - #2 Script Liner; flower bracts - Small Filbert
Miscellaneous: Floating Medium, Styrofoam plates, paper towels, water basin, palette holder
The leaves were all base-coated with Warm White and Lime Yellow. The bottom leaves were painted with Passion Punch, Bright Baby Pink, Lime Yellow, Warm White and Berry Wine. The top leaves were the same minus the Passion Punch. Flower Bracts were painted with School Bus Yellow, Warm White and Berry Wine.The first part of this video will be posted below.

Part 2 A



No comments: