Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Craft Write Video

I recently purchased a video camera because I enjoy podcasting, but find it limited in a way with trying to share crafts. After all, we all know the saying about a picture vs. a thousand words. Now, as a writer, I might protest and say that if the words are written well, they would suffice and quite well at that, thank you very much. But, as a crafter, and a visual learner, I would also argue for the value of seeing something demonstrated. Well, I hope to do both. I have some tutorials in mind that I'd like to share with my readers. I recently talked about knotless netting. Diagrams and pictures are all well and good, but I think watching someone actually do this works better. I go through a similar procedure when teaching my craft club students at school. I may have diagrams, but seeing me cast on or do a knit stitch or seeing how I hold my brush in addition to hearing that they need to hold it perpendicular to the page only adds to the learning process.
My first video here is an introduction. It introduces the viewer to my workspace (or at least the main one) in my house.I will add more videos later which will include tutorials. For now, I just wanted to say, "Welcome to my place."

video

No comments: