Monday, May 26, 2008

Branching Out - My New Blog

I decided to "branch out" and start a new blog in addition to this one. I thought I may be wandering too far off the crafty path with my last post about bugs and plant diseases. I've started a new herb garden/flower garden and am all about companion planting right now. I thought since my main focus in writing is for younger audiences, that I would also focus my new gardening blog for them as well. I'm in the process of doing research (love research!) on companion planting so that I can map out which herbs and tomatoes to plant next to which ones. I'm also going to plant gourds around a pine tree in my back yard. I think the bark will be rough enough to provide a trellis for small gourds. I'll be planting marigold and nasturtiums with them. Thank you Target for still having seed packets for sale. Lowe's has already removed theirs for the season. They informed me that planting season is over here now. We'll see about that! Anyway, if you have little ones who love to get their hands dirty in the garden, please direct them to my new blog, Tiny Green Thumbs, http://tinygreenthumbs.blogspot.com. I'll be posting more there this summer about my new garden and fun ideas for getting kids involved in growing things. Hope to see you there.

No comments: