Sunday, March 16, 2008

Gourd Basket Progression

I've been working to complete the Spring Gourd Basket so that I can produce my next podcast. I've decided against painting the actual basket part like weavers, since when I tried this, it appeared to darken the overall effect too much. I was inspired by an article in the most recent Quick & Easy Painting Magazine which featured a Floral Footstool by Patricia Rawlinson. It is a beautiful design and I loved the color palette used. I have adapted this gourd basket to that color scheme and have combined some of the painting strokes from that with those from the Spring Wreath we painted with Jill Liljenquist. The eggs pictured have only been base-coated so far. I will go back and add shading later. The irises and the inside and rim are yet to be done.

1 comment:

C.R. Evers said...

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love it!

Christy